Nothing can beat a home-made crumpet or tart, so perhaps it’s time to unleash your inner baker with this delicious apple tart recipe?
Crumpets have not only become a new quarantine-related trend but are also incredibly easy to make and don’t require a lot of effort – which is even better.
The secret to the perfect crumpet – they must be filled with tiny crevices that, when warmed, become the ideal space to fill with butter. There are few things better first thing in the morning than a warm crumpet with butter and a pot of tea.
But if you’re looking for more of a challenge, we suggest moving to the making of the mighty tart with this delicious apple tart recipe!
Having cooked a number of tarts over the last few months, we’d like to share with you a lovely apple gouda and spicy honey tart recipe from Joy The Baker.
1/2 Quick Puff Pastry Recipe
4 Golden Delicious apples, peeled cored and sliced to 1/8-thickness
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
Spinkle sea salt
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 1/2 cups grated gouda cheese
1 large egg, beaten
1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
1/4 cup honey
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2. Lightly flour the counter with flour and lightly flour a rolling pin, too.
- 3. Roll the chilled puff pastry into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle.
The size doesn’t really matter, just go for thickness.
Use a large knife to trim the edges to an even rectangle.
Transfer the pastry to the prepared baking sheet.
- 4. Use a small, sharp knife to score a rectangle 1-inch inside the edge of the pastry.
- Lightly brush pastry with egg wash.
Sprinkle the pastry with half the cheese.
- 5. In a medium bowl toss together apple slices, lemon juice, sugar,
salt, and cornstarch.
- 6. Line apple slices in three rows down the pastry.
Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- 7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- 8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- 9. While the tart cools stir together honey and red pepper flakes.
If you like it spicy, add the 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
- 10. Slice tart into generous wedges.
Drizzle with honey and dot with fresh oregano.
Wake up your inner baker by making this delicious apple tart recipe. We have one more cheeky idea on how you can enjoy your treat even more! Such a classic dessert requires being served up on Vintage inspired plates, check out our Yvonne Ellen cake plates set of 4 printed with Crumpet, Treacle, Cupcake and Tart.